product is now available in 8 ˝" x 11" sheets for
feeding through a printer for
paper/foundation-piecing designs and templates. Try
the new fusible version of Stitch N Wash® when doing
embroidery on loosely woven versions of the fabrics
mentioned above that tend to shift during the
hooping and embroidery process. By fusing the Stitch
N Wash® on to the back of the fabric, it will aid in
keeping the fabric taut. This version also
eliminates the need for basting or messy spray
- • Easy to remove from around delicate embroidery or machine stitching.
- • Won't shadow through light colored fabrics.
Eliminates countless hours of "picking" out stabilizer remnants.
- • Super stable and will support about 8,000 stitches if the design is well-digitized.
use Stitch N Wash®:
- 1. Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within the frame with the garment or fabric. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the embroidery frame.
- 2. Embroider the design. *Tip - If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for designs size), float an additional layer of Floriani Stitch N Wash® between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- 4. Wet around the edge of the design using a
sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer.
Wait about 10 seconds to allow the water to
activate the water soluble portion of the
- 5. Tear away as much of the Stitch N Wash® as possible.
- 6. Stabilizer remnants will wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.
To use Stitch N Wash® Fusible:
Fuse one layer of the stabilizer on to the back of the garment. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilization. *Important - Use a low temp (260°, silk) setting on your iron. Do not touch the surface of your iron to the Stitch N Wash®, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (muslin or cotton).
- 2. Hoop the garment and stabilizer. Try to achieve "tight as a drum" tension.
Repeat steps 2 - 6 from above.
Floriani's Stitch N Wash (Water Soluble
FSW1210 12" x 10 yds 1.5oz
FSW1225 12" x 25 yds 1.5oz
FSW811 8.5" x 11" Sheets 25 per pk.